The Tea room
Tŷ Mawr has a very cosy tea room. The four tables – seating approximately 18 people – are all close to the fabulous centre point of the room: the fireplace. This is a multi fuel stove that not only provides a warm atmosphere in the tea room, but also heats the water and the central heating. This is an ideal place to dry out your wet walking gear overnight and in the evening to relax with a hot drink.
The Tea room is open from 10.30-17.00 and we serve several sorts of tea (e.g. Earl Grey, Lapsang Souchong, Darjeeling), coffee, hot chocolate, all day breakfast, (toasted) sandwiches, paninis, homemade soups, Welsh Rarebit, Welsh cream tea, cakes, Dutch apple pie, snacks, ice cream, fruit juices and soft drinks. We also serve different sorts of Dutch pancakes (large, filling and delicious)!!!
Our ingredients are locally sourced where possible. Our bacon and sausages come from an award winning quality butcher in Caernarfon and we use local free range eggs.
Our packed lunches (£5.00) consist of a sandwich of choice, a piece of fruit, a chocolate bar, piece of homemade flap jack and crisps. We will also fill your flask with squash, hot water, tea or coffee.
The tea room is closed on Mondays & Tuesdays.
We have a separate pancake menu. You can choose between
sweet (e.g. with apple, banana, honey, lemon wedges, etc.)
and savoury pancakes (bacon, ham, cheese, salami,etc.).
We offer smaller pancakes for children.
BREAKFAST MENU (gluten free and vegetarian options available)
* Starter: selection of cereals or small porridge. After the starter a choice of:
* The Full one: egg cooked any style, bacon, sausage, tomato, mushrooms, baked beans and fried potatoes
* The Healthy one: yoghurt with homemade cruesli, honey and banana or large bowl of porridge with banana
* The Dutch one: large plain, lemon, banana or apple pancake
* The Lighter one: a choice of:
- omelette with choice of filling
- bacon and/or sausage sandwich
- toasted sandwich
- 2 warm crusty rolls
All breakfasts with tea, Dutch coffee, fruit juice and wholemeal or white toast